Ambassadors: Code of Conduct
AMBASSADORS: CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
- I will act within the constitution of Children’s Rights Queensland and the law and abide by the policies and procedures of the organisation. This includes having knowledge of the contents of the constitution and relevant policies and procedures.
- I will support the objects and mission of Children’s Rights Queensland, championing it, using any skills or knowledge I have, to further that mission and seek expert advice where appropriate.
- I will respect and uphold the values of Children’s Rights Queensland.
- I will be an active Ambassador, making my skills, experience, and knowledge available to Children’s Rights Queensland.
- I will respect organisational and individual confidentiality, while never using confidentiality as an excuse not to disclose matters that should be transparent and open.
- I will develop and maintain a sound and up-to-date knowledge of Children’s Rights Queensland and its environment. This will include an understanding of how Children’s Rights Queensland operates, the social, political and economic environment in which it operates and the nature and extent of its work.
- I will seek to be accountable for my actions as an Ambassador of Children’s Rights Queensland and will submit myself to whatever scrutiny is appropriate.
- I will contribute to a culture of achievement.
- In my role as an Ambassador, I will not gain financially from my involvement with Children’s Rights Queensland unless specifically authorised to do so.
- I will act in the best interests of Children’s Rights Queensland as a whole, and not as a representative of any group – considering what is best for Children’s Rights Queensland and its present and future beneficiaries and avoiding bringing the association into disrepute.
- Unless authorised, I will not put myself in a position where my personal interests’ conflict with my duty to act in the interests of the organisation. Where there is a conflict of interest, I will ensure that this is managed effectively and that I make the Children’s Rights Queensland management team aware.
- I understand that a failure to declare a conflict of interest may be considered a breach of this code.
RELATIONS WITH OTHERS
- I will endeavour to work considerately and respectfully with all those I engage with. I will respect diversity, different roles and boundaries, and avoid giving offence.
- I recognise that the roles of the management committee, committee members, ambassadors, leaders, volunteers and staff of Children’s Rights Queensland are different, and I will seek to understand and respect the difference between these roles.
- I will seek to support and encourage all those I encounter at Children’s Rights Queensland. I recognise my responsibility to support the Management Committee and respect decisions.
- I will not make public comments about Children’s Rights Queensland if they are defamatory, unfair and inappropriate. I will consult the management team if I am unsure. In my role, I will never speak on behalf of the management committee and make comments on sensitive issues without prior approval from Children’s Rights Queensland. Any public comments I make about Children’s Rights Queensland will be considered and in line with organisational policy, whether I make them as an individual or as an Ambassador.
- I will ensure my Blue Card remains active and provide this information the Children’s Rights Queensland.
- I will act in a way that models and promotes the highest standard of ethical behaviour.
- I will deal with everyone with honesty and integrity, complying with all laws and regulations.
LEAVING YOUR ROLE
- I understand that substantial breaches to any part of this code may result in procedures being put in motion that may result in the termination of my position as an Ambassador.
- Should this happen, I will be given the opportunity to be heard. If I am asked to resign as an Ambassador, I will accept the majority decision of the management committee in this matter and resign at the earliest opportunity.
- If I wish to cease being a Children’s Rights Queensland Ambassador at any time, I will inform the organisation in advance (giving as much notice as possible) in writing, stating my reasons for leaving.
Children’s Rights Queensland reserves the right to update this Code of Conduct at any time.
Last revision: January 2021.
Last revision: January 2021.