The Children’s Rights Queensland Ambassador Program has been designed for individuals working with children and looking to volunteer in their community. Ambassadors support initiatives of the committee and promote the needs, rights and achievements of children.
Children’s Rights Queensland Ambassadors are volunteers from all walks of life that share the common goal of protecting and advocating for children’s rights in the community. The Ambassador role involves online and in-person engagement with children, families, and communities.
The purpose of being an Ambassadors is to:
A focus of the role is raising awareness of CRQ initiatives and promoting increased participation. Ambassadors gain access to an online portal with training, information, and resources.
Appointment of Ambassadors
Ambassadors are appointed throughout the year by the Children’s Rights Queensland Committee. You can apply to be an Ambassador here. The CRQ team assesses all applications, and geographic areas of need are taken into consideration as part of this process.
Criteria for selection:
To be an Ambassador for Children’s Rights Queensland you must:
- be an individual
- agree to complete the Ambassador requirements
- apply online through this website
- be prepared to volunteer your time engaging with members of your local community
- have a Blue Card
What Ambassadors receive:
- Experience supporting communities and engaging with families.
- Access to an online platform with training, resources, and information.
- An opportunity to grow and evolve CRQ initiatives.
- A feedback channel to communicate any identified issues or challenges to the Children’s Rights Queensland Management Team.
- Knowledge and a deeper understanding of children’s rights and issues in communities.
- Recognition through the Children’s Rights Queensland referral system.
- Recognition of service certificate.
Requirements for Ambassadors:
- Promote Children’s Rights Queensland and all its initiatives to children, families, organisations and communities.
- Encourage organisations in your region to deliver Children’s Week celebrations.
- Complete an online Ambassadors Induction Module.
- Engage and recruit children and organisations to participate in initiatives.
- Deliver or support at least one celebration during Children’s Week.
- Represent Children’s Rights Queensland at local events, if available.
- Share CRQ content and promote the rights of children through contacts and online networks.
Initiative: Ambassador Program
Targeted at: Individuals working with children, families and communities and looking for volunteer opportunities.
Applications accepted: All year round