The Children’s Rights Queensland Committee is made up of a diverse team of individuals and representatives from child-focused organisations that are appointed by the Management Committee.
The purpose of the Children’s Rights Queensland Committee is to support the delivery of Children’s Rights Queensland’s initiatives and advocate for children’s rights. Committee Members support the Management Committee (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) to achieve the associations objectives, sharing knowledge, resources and advice.
Representatives from child-focused organisations apply to sit on the committee each year. The Management Committee is responsible for recruiting and appointing these individuals. The committee is comprised of representatives with differing skillsets, knowledge and experience.
- Uphold the vision, mission and objectives of the association
- Act with integrity and purpose
- Ensure accountability of the Management Committee
- Provide support with delivery of initiatives
- Be an advocate for the Association
- Exercise AGM voting rights
Requirements for Committee Members
- Attend online only meetings (every six weeks)
- Promote Children’s Rights Queensland and all its initiatives to your networks
- Provide at least one resource to the association on behalf of their organisation. (This must apply to an initiative and may be a tip sheet, information booklet or educational resource).
- Engage other organisations to become Children’s Rights Queensland Affiliate Members
- Review applications for Ambassador positions and The Young Leaders Challenge
- Sign your organisation up as an Affiliate Member (if you are representing an organisation)
- Support the Management Committee to deliver initiatives
Initiative: CRQ Committee
Targeted at: Individuals
Commitment: One meeting a month
Applications accepted: All year round