Apply for a Grant!
Children’s Rights Queensland is offering grants to groups and organisations delivering celebrations and project during Children’s Week 2023.
Children's Week Grants
In 2023, Children’s Rights Queensland is offering to assist organisations and groups to deliver a Children’s Week celebration or project that raises awareness of children’s rights. Grants are valued at up to $500.
Celebrations or projects need to:
• promote community involvement and cooperation.
• educate communities and assist in increasing awareness of children’s rights.
• be held during Queensland Children’s Week 2023 (21-29 October). Celebrations/projects may take place one week either side of Children’s Week if required.
If you’d like to apply for a grant click on the link below! Applications close Friday, 8 September 2023.
Grant Information and Criteria
Examples of organisations eligible for funding under the Queensland Children’s Week Grants include:
- Non-Government Organisations, Playgroups, Neighbourhood Centres, Childcare Centres, Women’s Centres, Parents and Friends/Citizens/ Associations, Police Citizens Youth Clubs, and Youth Centres.
- Applications for funding will be considered for new and existing projects or celebrations.
Examples of organisations ineligible for funding under the Queensland Children’s Week Grants are:
- Organisations and groups that are not based in Queensland.
- Government organisations (e.g Department of Education Training and the Arts, Queensland Health).
- Groups or organisations that are not covered by a public liability insurance policy.
- Organisations or groups that have previously received a Children’s Week Grant that has reached the acquittal stage, but have not provided a satisfactory performance report.
- events and celebrations
- music and concerts
- playgroup celebrations
- trivia and games
- walks and fun runs
- open days
- interactive workshops
- expos and fairs
- dress up days
- cinema and theatre
- events that relate to the Children’s Week theme
- online events including webinars
- virtual tours
- online streaming of events
Children’s Rights Queensland welcomes applications with new celebration and project ideas.
Children’s Rights Queensland will appoint an independent review panel to assess applications and provide advice on which grants to approve.
The amount of detail and supporting evidence you provide in your application should be relative to the project size, complexity and funding amount requested.
Successful applicants need to:
• complete a brief report on the celebration/project at the conclusion of Children’s Week (in the form of an online form).
• provide 3 photos with consent.
• place the Children’s Rights Queensland/Children’s Week logo on promotional materials.
• provide attendance numbers.
• comply with any COVID-19 restrictions in place when delivering the celebration/project.
If your application is successful, you will receive an email notifying you that you have been successful. Payments will be made into the nominated bank account you listed in your application.
If you are unsuccessful, you can still deliver your event and list it on the Children’s Rights Queensland website. By registering your event you will go in the draw to win one of three Visa Gift Cards.
If you have a specific question about the grants program click here to contact us. Our team of volunteers will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.